Author Topic: GardenDoc Tips  (Read 34187 times)

ErnieHodge

Re: GardenDoc Tips
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2020, 07:58:42 am »
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Hero Member, Psyche. This user is located in Zone 7a, Maryland. This was originally posted on May 3, 2013.

Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Hero Member, gardendoc. This user is located in Ocean Springs, MS Zone 9a. This was originally posted on May 3, 2013.

Weve been having the conversation about supporting peppers lately, so I wanted to show everyone how I use the Ultimato. This works well for peppers as well as eggplants

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS6U2ILvYxs&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the video. That was easier than I thought.

What is the spacing of the ultomato for 6 plants? The two in the middle would be under a span.

I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to say I went and priced the Ultimato system yesterday. I'd like to know if anyone who uses EB's could justify $50 a box for this staking system?

I guess these things may have really gone UP in price since we started using EB's in the early 2000's.

Does anyone else find this price high for this staking system?
"A rose is just a weed in a corn patch."

gardendoc

• Global Moderator
    • Changing the Garden Paradigm
« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2020, 11:19:48 am »
Ernie, the Ultimato is expensive. I was lucky about 10 years ago Lowes was end of the season dumping of theirs and I bought 65 sets for $1.75 each.
Why Google, when you have me?

ErnieHodge

« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2020, 09:22:33 am »
I could live with a deal like that. I have the pea fence cages made up for my 23 EB's but was just thinking about trying the Ultimato for peppers. I'll stick with the pea fence cages for now. Thanks for letting me know.
"A rose is just a weed in a corn patch."

gardendoc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2020, 11:23:28 am »
The Ultimato works pretty good for peppers, has issues with tomatoes

Sizzle

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2020, 09:29:49 am »
You’ve got this down to a science! So inspiring! Would you share brand names for dolomite & fertilizers- I’m a newbie & have no idea what pelletized and ag grade product you’re talking about but I have 12 boxes so it’s got to be cheap!? Thanks so much for the video-exciting to see your “know how!””

gardendoc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2020, 12:44:13 pm »
Thanks, garden or lawn lime pelletier and ag grade fertilizer is something like 10-10-10

shrinkrap

« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2020, 11:57:35 pm »
I have something that looks like the Ultimato (not sure; I bought it when I was planting in the ground); how do the spikey parts at the bottom work with the earthbox thing that separates the soil from the water? Does it sit on top, or work it's way through the holes?

gardendoc

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: May 22, 2020, 03:23:31 pm »
Only push down until it hits the reservoir screen. For tomatoes it may not provide enough support, but works fine for peppers and eggplants