EarthBox Chat > Tips and Tricks

GardenDoc Tips

(1/21) > >>

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Hero Member, gardendoc. This user was located in Ocean Springs, MS Zone 9A. This was originally posted on April 10, 2013.

From time to time I seem to be a renegade in the proper care and feeding of Earthbox crops (FBP use and "the snack" come to mind). There been a lot of interest since I started posting videos of the "mad scientist" in action. With that in mind Im starting this topic that will focus with methods that I have found successful here at the UNF. Ill be moving some of the more memorable tidbits here.

I spoke at the Greenhouse Tomato Short course last month in Raymond, MS and found these neat little clips that greenhouse tomato growers use. I think will make trellising much easier in our home gardens. I bought these from Growers Supply, www.growerssupply.com, item 110007 tomato clips.

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Hero Member, gardendoc. This user was located in Ocean Springs, MS Zone 9A. This was originally posted on April 10, 2013.

Here's the video showing how I prep EB covers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86ZdcdIozGg

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Sr. Member, Kareneh. This user is located in Phoenix, Arizona - Zone 9a. This was originally posted on April 10, 2013.

Yoy always have the best advice and tips. I'm hoping you continue to produce more videos.

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Hero Member, linear249. This user is located in Zone 8b. This was originally posted on April 13, 2013.

Gardendoc, we bought these clips about 4 years ago and tried to use them for 2 seasons. They worked well the 1st year but became very brittle and broke during use the 2nd year. This year were using Velcro brand Self-Gripping Ties. Worked well during the bad weather we had last week.

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Hero Member, gardendoc. This user was located in Ocean Springs, MS Zone 9A. This was originally posted on April 13, 2013.

The clips only cost 2 cents each, one year is good in my book.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version