EarthBox Chat > Tips and Tricks

Trellis design gallery

(1/16) > >>

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Hero Member, PaulB. The user is located in Southeast New Mexico, zone 7. This was originally posted on April 16, 2010.

We have some very creative gardeners here at the EB forum.  Many have found solutions to the towering abilities of growth that an earthbox can provide.  Others are searching for these solutions.  While this thread is in no way intended to take sales away from EB of their trellis systems, it is intended to serve as a clearinghouse for the various trellis ideas that people have come up with.  With that idea in mind, I invite all of you to post your trellis ideas, plans, and photos here.  Also feel free to post links to older threads that have trellis photos in them.

I will start off this thread by posting the tomato tunnel trellis I just built.  It is made out of a single piece of 8 foot by 20 foot concrete welded remesh wire, with 6X6 inch openings.  It is held in place by 4 steel fence posts hammered into the ground.  Please note that the nylon string connecting the wire to the posts is just a temporary measure, until I can find the roll of plastic coated steel wire I have hidden away in my garage.

First of all, a view from an angle. This trellis was built specifically for a variety of indeterminate tomatoes.

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Hero Member, PaulB. The user is located in Southeast New Mexico, zone 7. This was originally posted on April 16, 2010.

A view from one end.

EarthBoxAdmin:
A side view.

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer: This post was originally posted by Guest, cushman350. This was originally posted on April 16, 2010.

I like it. Wont you need to "train" your vines to follow the arbor as they get out of reach. They send their shoots vertical, do you own a cherry picker?  Wink

Will that wire hold up that ladder I see agin dat tin storage building? Got scaffolding?

The tree has got to go Paul.

EarthBoxAdmin:
Disclaimer:This post ws originally posted by Hero Member, Deb. The user is located in The Pacific NorthWET- Sunset - W. Climate Zone 6. This was originally posted on April 16, 2010.
When you said hoop tunnel, I assumed youd put the plants inside and it would be for shade in your climate.  I just keep learning to not jump to conclusions.  ;>

So where do you find those 8x20 panels?  (she asks, although shes having trouble getting 3x16 hog panels home)   ;>

This looks good, but I think Id stretch it out a bit so I could reach the top.  I hate to pick from ladders!

Deb

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version