The EarthBox Forum
October 25, 2014, 11:35:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the EarthBox Forum!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Little knots on my tomato stem?  (Read 1285 times)
joy112854

Zone 8B Crestview, Florida (close to Pensacola)

« on: May 01, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »

I was out watering and such today, and noticed that one of my tomatoes, which are all 2-3 ft tall, and have cages and such on them now has these little knot looking things on the stem.  Any clue as to what it could be?  How do I solve this problem?  Is it aphids by any chance? It is time to spray with the fertilome triple action plus again.  This just happened and I suspect some kind of insect since the leaves also have little holes in them.  Triple Action plus has neem oil in it, it's organic.

joy
psh

Texas Coast Zone 9a

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:04:18 PM »

Joy,

Pictures will help, but I am wondering if you have been having a lot of rain and damp weather in your area. During a long rainy season that we had, I saw small knots form on the stems of my tomato plants. A few days later these knots turned into roots growing in mid air along the stems of the tomatoes. They disappeared after the weather dried up a bit.

Philip

I'll never trust the Walrus or the Carpenter again.
gardendoc

Ocean Springs, MS Zone 9a

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:05:58 PM »

I agree pictures would be helpful.  But also think it is probably latent root nodules along the stem. 

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. Gerald Ford

Be the fountain, not the drain
mjb8743

Zone 7, South NJ, Garden State

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:50:21 PM »

Yep... what they said. If they look like little pimples along the stem, it's normal.

Mickie

111 EBs and growing... so how come there are never enough boxes??
joy112854

Zone 8B Crestview, Florida (close to Pensacola)

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 10:17:58 AM »

Thanks ya'll it is normal, whew, they were on the toms in the topsy turvys and revolutionary planters,  I have 5 huge strawberries from the EB this morning; been getting strawberries every day now and my tomatoes (all 39 of them) are doing well, starting to think I got a tomato forest here.  My cabbages are huge and everything is going well.  Soon as I figure out how to post pics I will. 
joy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: